Do you think that Formal style, proper grammar and good spelling ARE important in student posts and comments!

Do you believe that a formal structure or style for writing posts and comments necessary? Would you mind if somebody other than you came and corrected your comments and posts?

Sue Waters, who is the editer of the edublogger wrote a post asking if formal style, proper grammar and good spelling ARE important in student posts and comments.

How do I feel about somebody correcting my blog posts and comments?

I wouldn’t mind if somebody edited my blog and my comments. If there were any mistakes on  my blog I probably wouldn’t have meant it and don’t know it’s there. I also wouldn’t mind because that person may be having trouble understanding what I’m saying and if he/she is then many other readers may be having trouble.

Is a formal structure or style for writing posts and comments necessary?

I believe it is important to use a formal structure when writing posts and comments. Some people find it hard to read slang words or lingo especially people who have to translate or aren’t used to using or seeing it. I believe it is really important for people to use proper grammaron their blogs and other people’s. It only takes a couple more seconds to write the word properly.