OnLiNe DiArY!

This page is a diary where I keep a record of what I do each day at school and at home. This is a great way for the teachers to know what I’ve been doing not only at school but at home as well.

Tuesday 15th June

This weekend was a four day weekend. Friday was a day off for report writing day and Monday was a public holiday. Because it was the long weekend I also had no netball. We had a four day weekend and had no plans so Mum and Dad decided that maybe we should go to the footy in Melbourne (Essendon vs Geelong) since my sister goes for Geelong and my brother and I go for Essendon. When we decided we were going to the footy, Mum got free netball tickets to see the Vixens vs NSW Swifts on the same day but at a different time. That was final we were going to the netball and footy. It was also our cousin’s birthday!

So we went to Melbourne early Saturday morning and arrived around lunch time. We quickly had lunch at my nanna and pa’s house then catched a train to the netball stadium. The game was very interesting until the 3rd quarter when the vixens got flogged! They had a great start to the 4th quarter but were not able to come back from their terrible 3rd quarter. They ended up losing by around 12 goals.

When the netball was finished we went on a train to the Southern Cross station and went to the DFO. If you know my Mum you know she likes shopping so we had a look in a few shops. After we had finished shopping we sat down and got subway for tea. My brother doesn’t like subway so he went and got some pizza.

After we had all finished tea we started to make our way to Etihad stadium which was only a couple hundred metres away. We had already seen many Essendon and Geelong supporters in the DFO. We went up the ramp to level 3 and and had to walk up the stairs to row V which was right near the top. The view was great except if  we wanted to look at the big screen there was a pole right in the way. Before the game started we had already spotted some of our friends because I knew where they sat. At half time on of them came up to our seats and talked to us. One of my sister’s friends which was going to the game was sitting a couple rows away from us. It took the friend quite a while to see my sister.

The game was really good until the 3rd quarter when sadly, Geelong got away from Essendon. Essendon did have some injuries but so did Geelong. Essendon ended up losing by around 70 points. Throughout the game there was this person behind us who would not be quite. My parents thought I’m bad at home but this person was way worse. It didn’t help that he had a friend which had never seen AFL footy so he was trying to explain all the rules throughout the game.

On Sunday we went to my cousin’s house because it was her birthday. Most of my cousins are still quite young and are very energetic. They tire you out after only spending half an hour with them. The birthday girl loves doing magic and was dressed up as a magician which was so cute!

Overall the super long weekend was a awesome weekend. Monday we got to relax for basically the whole day which was good since I was still tired from Saturday and Sunday.  

Tuesday4th May

Last Saturday I went to the footy. I played netball against a team which hadn’t won a game but we believe that their star player had been missing but lucky us, she was back this week. Couldn’t she wait another week before coming back. My team lost 31 to 2. Quite a beating I must say. But I guess they did put me into GS which is a disaster in its self since I’m a defender and only a defender. Of course I didn’t shot any goals but I didn’t worry too much since one of our main shooters, who plays in goals every week also didn’t shot a goal for the whole game.

This week in maths we worked on practising for the naplan even though we are not doing it this year. We also have been working on the area, perimeter and the volume of shapes.

In English at the moment we are working on an argumentative essay with the topic of homework is NOT necessary. Since it is our first proper essay we had to go through how to structure an essay. It’s not that hard to think of reasons why homework is not necessary but writing them down is much harder.

In Science we did a prac and no I didn’t break anything this week. We had to see the reaction between an acid and metal. I’m always scared that I’ll break something when doing a prac.

This week I am going to Melbourne to watch Essendon and Port Adelaide play. I am very excited because not just will I watch Essendon play I have chance to eat tea with them at Windy Hill. I will have a chance to get their autographs and go to the bomber shop.

Tuesday 18th May-My Week

This week wasn’t quite as good as the last. I was sick most of the week and had to go home early on Wednesday and didn’t go to school at all on Thursday. Since I didn’t go to school on Thursday I wasn’t allowed to go to netball training. Also Mum had to go to Melbourne so I was home alone which was really boring.

Rachael got back from Queensland on Friday but I didn’t see her until Saturday at the footy. We were playing Tatyoon. Sadly my netball team lost by 2 goals which was very disappointing. I finally got my Alex’s pizza award from a couple of weeks ago which was good!

2 thoughts on “OnLiNe DiArY!