I love the moment when I step inside and I suddenly feel safe and calm as my family surround me, comforting me in any way they can no matter how bad of a day I’ve had. And the feeling of truly belonging.
I love the cold, winter day when I sink into the couch, a warm blank wrapped around me, the flames of the fire bringing warmth to the house while your mouth waters at the smell of the hot chocolate that being tightly held by my two hands. And the voices on the TV bring me laughter.
I love gazing outside the window observing the sheep grazing on the luscious grass, the birds chirping, with the sun’s rays beaming down all the while I’m relaxing on my bed in the comfort of my home. And the sound of baaing sheep in the paddock.
I love the peaceful and relaxing feeling that runs through my body as I lay on the comfortable, soft bed sitting in the centre of my room as the most important piece of furniture in my room. And the moment my eyes shut as I fall asleep.
I love the way how every stain, where the furniture belongs, every creak in the floorboards, all marks on the walls, have all been inserted into my memory. And the way I’m able to find my way around without thinking.
My home is my favourite place
On Sunday, May 11th, Australians celebrate Mothers Day to acknowledge the important role that mothers take in our lives.
I want you to tell me about your Mum, so answer the following questions as a post on your blog:
- My earliest memory of Mum when she had to help me get up onto the church seats because i was too small.
- My mother always tells me if you don’t do it who will.
- Her favourite food is….i’m not sure. i think it’s chips.
- Mum’s favourite colour.. Her favourite colour would be blue.
- Mum’s favourite piece of furniture… the furtherest chair so she can read without the T.V having to be turned down.
- At home she cooks.. Tea. tea is about the only thing she cooks. us kids have to cook slices and cakes.
- In her spare time, she… READS. She reads alll the time. it can be annoying. Or she is on the phone to someone.
- Mum’s special interest or hobby… She like Netball but doesn’t play but coachs sometimes. she palys tennis.
- Her favourite gadget… is the George Forman Grilling Machine
- Mum likes it when… we do our jobs without her asking.
- She gets cross when… my brother answers back.
- When I shut my eyes, I see Mum.. sitting on the chair on the phone.
- If I had money I would buy her… as many books as i can.